Three supposed MS-13 gang members have been formally prosecuted in connection with a massacre ten years ago in Florida, U.S. Attorney General Pam Bondi said Friday, trying to underline the Trump administration’s drive to punish dangerous gangs.
Bondi went to Fort Lauderdale to support the Justice Department’s attempts to pursue the gang, which the Republican government has labeled a “foreign terrorist organization” and has capitalized on as the danger resulting from illegal immigration.
Bondi remarked, “More arrests are coming.” Should you be a gang member residing in this nation, I’d self-deport right now as we’re coming after you.
Among nine people arrested in four South Florida murders in 2014 and 2015, the three suspected gang members are included. Last month, three persons indicted federally are claimed to have taken part in the death of a person stabbed around 100 times and then shot, according to the attorney general.
Arrests in Florida were made for Jose Ezequiel Gamez-Maravilla and Wilber Rosendo Navarro-Escobar. Arrested in Minnesota was Hugo Adiel Bermudez-Martinez. Emails asking for comment went to lawyers representing the guys.
Authorities said the South Florida brutal murders were committed with knives or machetes. After becoming cold, the cases were revived in 2020; one of the investigations resulted in a multi-day search to find Joel Canizales-Lara’s body in 2021 following his claimed 2014 disappearance.
The statement follows a week during which Bondi praised the arrest of the purported East Coast head of the MS-13 gang.
Over the last 10 years, the Justice Department has sharpened its MS-13 emphasis, an international gang rooted in El Salvador that started as a neighborhood street gang in Los Angeles. The gang has members in Honduras, Guatemala and Mexico and thousands of members across the U.S. with numerous branches or cliques.